President/Chief Executive Officer
Join a team providing you the opportunity to use your talents in leading a nurturing, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization making a positive difference in the lives of the children CIC serves.
We are seeking a service-minded professional to work closely with the Board of Directors to lead our exceptional team at The Children’s Neighborhood. Children in Crisis, Inc., was established to raise and manage the funds to build, staff, operate, and sustain The Children’s Neighborhood, a residential neighborhood of families serving Northwest Florida children in foster care. These family homes keep sibling groups together that would otherwise be separated into different foster homes. To learn about Children in Crisis, Inc., please visit https://childrenincrisisfl.org/.
The President/CEO is responsible for all areas of management within the neighborhood to ensure a wide range of services are provided to nurture the children residing in our homes. The President/CEO is the key leader of year-round fundraising efforts necessary to finance large-scale operations to meet the mission of The Children’s Neighborhood.
Qualified Applicant will have:
- A knowledge of and passion for the welfare of children.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with the public, boards of directors, community groups, governmental agencies, business leaders, and elected officials.
- Ability to lead large-scale marketing, public relations, and fundraising efforts.
- A broad understanding of applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Experience in financial management, including budget preparation, cash-flow management, and analysis of financial reports.
- Ability to effectively lead staff members and build consensus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, Master’s degree preferred.
- Three years progressively responsible experience to include fundraising, marketing, and public speaking.
- Management experience in a not-for-profit organization is preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
- Negotiable salary based on credentials and experience. CIC offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package.
- A post-offer successful background check, including references and drug screening is required.
Submission of Application
- A complete application packet must include:
- Personal statement of interest with resume attached
- Letter of support from a previous employer
- Letter of support from a community citizen
- Evidence of highest degree earned
- All items required for the complete application packet must be submitted via e-mail to: email@example.com
- All items required for a complete application packet must be received no later than 5:00 pm, Central Daylight Time, August 31, 2023
CIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Now Hiring Relief (Respite) Foster Parents:
Click HERE to download the application
- Hiring two people, a couple for Relief Parents
- One relief room provided per couple
- You will have full access to all the amenities of the neighborhood.
- 1 adult per 6 children
- Friday 2:00p – Wednesday 4:30p
- Must pass a level 2 FBI/FDLE background screening
- Must have good communication skills
- Attend Quality Parenting Training classes (hosted by your supervisor)
- Complete CPR courses, if you are not CPR Certified
If you have any questions please contact Sarah Traver at 850-864-4242 or SarahTraver@childrenincrisisFL.org